Serving the following Southern California locations: Agoura Hills, Oak Park, Calabasas, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park,
Malibu, Santa Monica and San Fernando Valley.
Planning and preparation to bring a new family member home is essential. I am available to help you choose the best puppy or dog for your family and make home management arrangements for successful potty training and other necessary tools for a smooth transition.
I will meet you and your puppy or dog anywhere you like (home, office, or public venues you frequent) for personalized 90-minute sessions. Here, we cover household manners, basic obedience, nuisance puppy behaviors and more.
Busy schedule? I will take your furry friend out for special one-to-one training sessions 2-4 times a week and meet with the family once a week for follow-up.
Expecting a baby or have a newborn or toddler? As a FPPE Educator, I will give you the tools to prepare your puppy or dog for a safe family environment. This time in your life is a major adjustment, so you can imagine what your dog is thinking! Everyone’s safety is my first concern.
CPDT-KSA, ACDBC AKC-CGC Evaluator
Meet Canine Behavior Specialist / Trainer Barbara Johnson
I practice force-free, fear-free training and positive reinforcement in my sessions, whether we are working on potty training, basic obedience, jumping, leash walking, growling, barking or other issues. I believe in praising your pup’s positive behaviors — that’s what really helps transform your relationship with them. This is a science-based training I’ve studied for years. I also maintain close ties with many veterinarians in the community in order to take a more holistic approach to dog training.
- Force-free training
- In-home sessions – I will come to you!
- One-on-one sessions
- Training at every stage of a dog’s life
- Positive, encouraging reinforcement training
- Certified Pet Dog Trainer (CPDT-KSA)
- Certified Elite Fear Free and Force Free Trainer
- Full Member of the Pet Professional Guild
- Professional Member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Family Paws and Parents Educator
- Mentor for CATCH
- Authorized Mentor Trainer for the Animal Behavior College
- Canine Good Citizen Evaluator and Instructor (Certified AKC-CGC Evaluator)